Tuesday, December 31, 2013

No Other Day The Same 2014

Happy New Year's Eve!

Yesterday, I reflected on my past year of blogging. Today, I will tell you all about the 2014 revamping of my blog. I loved writing about a moment every day in 2013, and choosing blogging as one of my New Year's Resolutions (the only one I successfully completed) was an excellent motivational tool. Therefore, in 2014, I will combine New Year's Resolutions/goals/intentions with new weekly blog post topics that are personal challenges of mine and hopefully topics of interest for all of you.

Here goes!

Monday: No Other Angle The Same

I love words, and words are everywhere in my life, from my career to my hobbies. Therefore, I want to experiment with images. I'm excited to take on the challenge of finding a new angle every week on a different scene and posting that photograph to my blog on Monday.


Tuesday: No Other Tale The Same

I have always loved books and even made a career of being an English teacher. Yet somehow in these past several years I have not read nearly as much as I have wanted to - and I'm quite a fast reader. Therefore, my new challenge is to read a new book per week and to blog about it every Tuesday. Perhaps some weeks it will be a short story or children's book, yet it will be a tale all the same. Ideally I won't look like this guy when I'm done.

Wednesday: No Other Dish The Same

My goal for 2014 is to gain more confidence in the kitchen by trying one new recipe per week and telling you all about the process. As someone who instinctually rebels against recipes, this weekly Wednesday post should be highly entertaining. The best part is that unlike those perfect Pinterest pictures, my cooking posts will probably make you feel much better about your own cooking!


Thursday: No Other News The Same

In 2014, my goal is to actually read the news. Not this news....I seem to always be quite caught up on this news.

Instead, I will read this news. 

Where does the blogging come in? I took this amazing Op-Ed seminar last April and have never actually written an opinion editorial. Therefore, each week I will take one current news topic and, after some research, I will post a short Op-Ed on Thursday.

Friday: No Other ______ The Same

As someone who plans way too much, I'm taking the challenge of leaving every Friday wide open. We'll see how it goes!


I won't be posting on Saturdays and Sundays. As someone who is continually striving for balance, I know this new blogging schedule will warrant a break on the weekends!

I hope in the new year I get the chance to hear more from my readers. I would love to hear about your personal resolutions in the comments, if you choose to make them. To play devil's advocate, I've been reading several articles that suggest, in fact, that making New Year's Resolutions is a bad idea. What do you think?

What books should I read? What news sites are your favorites? Which cooking blogs/recipe books should I try? I welcome all book, news article and recipe suggestions!

I hope everyone has an incredible New Year's Eve. I look forward to greeting you tomorrow with my first Wednesday post of No Other Dish the Same. Happy 2014!

2 comments: